Insect bites can be itchy, irritating, and sometimes even dangerous. Learn about the various medicines available for treating insect bites and which option is best for you in this article!
We’ll go over details on what medicine to keep on-hand, which medicines are most effective against different types of insects, and when it’s important to seek medical attention from a doctor.
Top 8 Best Medicine for Insect Bites in 2023
- This salve/ointment may reduce discomfort, pain and swelling associated with insect bites.
- Can be effective against spider, mosquito and pest bites especially for those with allergic reaction to other medications.
- It is recommended to disinfect the effected area before applying this salve. If the pain does not subside within few minutes reapply a small amount until the relieve occurs. Some bites may take several applications before pain, swelling or itching subsides.
- All-natural Native American made salve prepared in small batches in Tucson, Arizona. The healing properties of this rub/salve come from a proprietary blend of Navajo herbs hand gathered in a traditional way, from the wilds of Arizona.
- Made of 100 percent wild crafted, organic and natural ingredients including proprietary blend of traditional Navajo herbs, organic calendula flower, high-quality bees wax, African Shea nut butter, organic sunflower, coconut and wild crafted jojoba oils, naturally derived T-50 vitamin E oil. No chemical preservative or synthetics are used in its manufacturing.
- One 0.5 oz pen of StingEze MAX Bug Bite Relief for insect bite itch relief
- Not only is this a first aid antiseptic and external analgesic but has double the Benzocaine as an analgesic, anesthetic, and antipruritic ideal for first aid kits
- First aid antiseptic that stops pain, relieves itching and reduces infection for insect relief
- Great travel-size chigger bite treatment for your on the go first aid kit, purse, backpack or stroller for effective sting and bite relief
- Mosquito bite relief is perfect for the entire family (including children above 2) making it a versatile insect bite relief stick
- Helps relieve itching and pain from chiggers (redbugs), ticks, mosquitos, no-see-ums, biting flies, gnats, sand fleas and other bug bites
- Formulated with 10% benzocaine, a topical anesthetic used to help relieve pain and itch associated with bug bites and stings
- Chiggerex is infused with nourishing botanicals like aloe vera, chamomile and peppermint oil, that soothe and calm itchy insect bites
- Our unique medicated ointment goes on smooth and absorbs quickly into skin without leaving any visible residue
- Keep Chiggerex in your medicine cabinet, glove compartment, camping bags and backpacks for pain relief + itch relief from bug bites, bee stings, jellyfish stings and more!
- Fast relief: begins to work immediately when applied soon after an insect bite
- Stops pain, relieves itching: works on bites and stings from chiggers, wasps, mosquitoes, ticks and other listed insects
- Reduces infection: first aid antiseptic reduces the chance of infection
- Convenient stick: the stick applicator easily fits in a pocket – handy for hiking and traveling
- Soft tip: pen applicator features a soft tip for controlled application
- Homeopathic Medicine that temporarily relieves Insect Bites
- Take at the First Sign of Symptoms
- Non-Drowsy, no known side effects, no known drug interactions
- This medicine uses highly diluted natural substances to relieve symptoms.
- This medicine comes in quick-dissolving pellet form
- AFTER BITE TREATMENT LIQUID - BugBiteDr offers fast and maximum relief from insect bites, stings, and irritations and instantly stops the pain, relieves itching, reduces inflammation and swelling. BugBiteDr Insect Bite Relief, when applied after an insect bite, begins to work immediately to prevent the effects of bites and stings from Mosquitoes, Bees, Ants, Gnats, Biting Flies, Spiders, Hornets, Wasps, Ticks, Fire Ants, Chiggers, Horseflies, Sand fleas, Deer Flies and more.
- All Natural Ingredients: Nature's Willow Bug Bite Patch is non-toxic, free of all dyes, paraben-free, and contains no artificial fragrances. Our mosquito bite itch relief patches use a patented formula which combines White Willow Bark, Helichrysum, along with lavender, menthol, camphor and eucalyptus for their counter-irritant properties.
- Spider and Mosquito Patches: Each insect bite relieving patch can help you find relief from a bee or wasp sting, mosquito and spider bites, horse flies, and even chiggers and fire ants. No matter the source, our mosquito bite patches are a must-have for camping, nature walks, picnics, or any outdoor activity.
- Fast-Acting Natural Bug Bite Itch Relief: Unlike some other mosquito bite relief remedies, the Nature's Willow Bug Bite Patch acts quickly once applied to the skin and is long-lasting. This powerful after-bite formula is safe for kids, comfortable to wear, and packed with essential oils, providing a pleasant all natural fragrance.
- Cooling Sensation for Added Relief: The Nature's Willow insect bite relief cream contains less menthol than other topical itch relief creams and therefore doesn’t give the unpleasant "burning” sensation. This natural bug bite relief cream is formulated to help you relax throughout your day without discomfort.
- Plant-Based Bug Bite Relief Made In North America: Nature's Willow was born from the efforts of a Tennessee daughter developing a product to help ease her mother's pain. Our patented insect bite relief formula is proudly made in North America using all natural ingredients.
- A homeopathic medicine that works naturally
- Fast-acting when taken at the onset of symptoms
- Non-habit forming
- No side effects, no drug interactions, no contraindications, and no "masking" of symptoms
- This medicine comes in quick-dissolving pellet form; Do not use if the label sealing the clear tube cap is broken or missing. Store at 68-77°F (20-25°C).
Insect bites can be a nuisance, but luckily there are lots of different medicines and remedies you can take to alleviate the discomfort.
Although over-the-counter medications such as antihistamine creams and hydrocortisone are typically recognised as the best medicine for insect bites, it is also important to bear in mind other helpful treatments such as applying cold compresses or taking ibuprofen which may help reduce swelling and itching.
Ultimately, when dealing with an insect bite, being aware of your options and finding the correct treatment that works best for you should ensure that you get some relief from annoying itchy bites!